Sunday, February 17, 2008

Passionate Visions

From talking with other people, can I be the only person in the world that knows about self-taught visionary artists? I don't think so. So then what's the problem?

If you are at all interested, I am going to list some links here to shed some light on the subject. Yes, I am biased, as I feel these artists are the pure artists in the world. Hey, it's my blog, right?

I'd start by obtaining the out of print book: "Passionate Visions of the American South." - New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans, Louisiana. This is the show's exhibit book. I saw this show in Raleigh, N.C. in 1994, four times.

You can search Google to buy it, or just go to this Amazon.com link

Did you know of the American Visionary Art Museum at the Baltimore harbor?

How about The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art in Chicago?

This is a good start. Check these out and see if it doesn't help. If not, leave a comment and we'll talk!



No comments: