Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brew Babies Censored!

A couple of weeks ago, I put my piece "Brew Babies" in a local coffee shop. Seemed like a natural. Coffee Shop. Coffee assemblage.

This morning we went there for our usual early Sunday morning coffee and sesame bagel. The owner (who happens to be a friend of mine) told me that during the week there was a complaint from a "Christian" about "Brew Babies" and because he needs to pay his mortgage, decided to take down my piece. And as we all know, the customer is always right.

At first it was no big deal. At first. But then I went for my Sunday morning bike ride. One benefit from my bike rides is that it gives me a time to think clearly. Uninterrupted.

It is now still no big deal, but having said that, I feel it's important for me to state my case about Brew Babies and being censored by a Christian.

I feel this Christian jumped the gun. Spirituality (note, I didn't say religious) is one of my main art themes. I have always felt spirituality is the solution to present day secular issues. Spirituality is always used as a metaphor of hope, peace, tranquility and the likes.

To be continued...better to have start than never to have started with only good intentions of doing so...

So it's now a couple of weeks later. Guess what, I've decided I don't care. To each their own, there are more important things. Brew Babies is now safely home, serving as a fine night light, clock. All is well. Bella Luna is sleeping soundly on the red chair.

Amen.

No comments: